Chocolate cakes can easily add up as a Dessert at the end of a hearty meal. Gone are the days when cakes were a hassle to make, particularly separating the eggs from the yolks and whisking to make foams. This chocolate cake is very easy to make, puts away your electric whisk or your processor and top of it all you need is a bowl and a wooden spoon to make the cake batter. It’s a very moist rich cake goes very well with fruits, chocolate sauce, whipped cream and even ice-creams. You can always serve it as it is with some dusted icing sugar on top. Dusting icing sugar on top will definitely make your cake look more tempting but overdoing it sometimes overpowers the flavor of your chocolate cake and finally you may end up having a mouthful of icing sugar. This is a very moist slightly dense cake could always be made ahead and keeps well for almost three days.
- All purpose flour – ¾ cup.
- Castor sugar – 1 Cup.
- Refined Oil – 1 Cup.
- Unsweetened Cocoa – ¼ Cup.
- Vanilla essence – 1 Teaspoon.
- Dark Chocolate bar – 200 grams.
- Eggs – 4 Nos.
- Baking Powder – 1 teaspoon.
- Preheat your oven and Line your baking pan.
- Melt the bar of chocolate in a bowl over the top of gently simmering water. Once melted and still warm add the cup of oil mixing well with a wooden spoon.
- Add Castor sugar and mix well. Drop in all the eggs, vanilla essence and combine it together till the batter is lightly thick and fluffy. The batter will be shiny and when you shake the bowl it will resemble like jelly.
- Finally add the flour, cocoa and baking powder folding it gently till all mixed through.
- Quickly pour into the lined baking pan and bake at 200 degrees Centigrade for 20-30 minutes. Cool the cake and serve.